Effective Core Training
Core exercises are an important part of any well-rounded exercise program. Yet, they are often the most neglected. During this 30-minute course, you will learn about the different muscles that make up the core and the specific functions of each.
– Understand the crucial role the core plays in the pursuit of fitness goals.
– Learn the different muscles that make up the core and their respective functions.
– Understand the core’s role in stabilizing the body.
– Discuss how lower back muscles function to maintain spinal integrity.
– Learn how the iliacus and psoas major play a role in hip flexion.
– Discuss trunk flexion’s level of importance in terms of abdominal strength.
– Review how the quadratus lumborum influences lateral flexion.
– Learn about over-rated core exercises such as planks, flutter kicks, and side bends.
– Discuss under-rated core exercises such as over head squats and side bend reaches.
– Review the common mistakes made when performing gym ball crunches and side planks.