Group Fitness Certification
Our instructors are part of a dynamic, new wave in fitness training for success through discipline and innovation. Master the basic disciplines of aerobics and step movement which are applicable to a wide range of sport-targeted programs such as group strength training, kickboxing, dance, fitness, mind/body classes and so much more! NAFC certified group fitness instructors will learn the skills to teach effective and stimulating classes in response to a diverse range of needs.
Start a career as a Group Fitness Instructor through NAFC’s in-depth online certification course!
Study at your own pace – Study online at times and places that fit your busy schedule.
Online Testing – Take your certification exam whenever you’re ready with secure online testing.
Unlimited Educational Support – If you have questions about the course materials, contact us!
Customer Support – Support both Before and After you become certified.
Accreditation – NAFC is proud to be nationally accredited by the NBFE.
In the Group Fitness program, you’ll learn to assess and apply an understanding of:
– How knowledge of anatomy and biomechanics plays a role in maximizing results while minimizing risks in a large group setting.
– Components of total fitness exercise programming.
– Components of a well-rounded group fitness class.
– Teaching to different learning styles in a group setting.
– Safety variables and methods for avoiding injury.
– Mechanics involved in maintaining proper posture.
– Various warm up movements and stretching exercises.
– Various types of exercises and different intensity levels for movement.
– Movements, hands on coaching, and verbal & visual cues for various exercises.
– Understanding how to apply choreography to rhythm and beat.
– Effective timing, smooth transitions, and visual cues for teaching in a group fitness setting.